Website Gomez Floor Covering
Gomez Floor Covering currently has an employment opportunity in our San Antonio location for General Laborer. This is a full-time, entry level position giving the opportunity to learn the skills through training and development to become a Flooring Installer. The General Laborer performs manual labor to assist Installers, Tile Setters and Carpenters in the installation, modification and repair of various types of flooring as required. Schedule varies with peak seasons and jobs under contract. Generally, jobs are scheduled during the week but weekends are possible, as well as range in hours.
- Cleaning debris/garbage from the vehicle and prepares the vehicle with materials and tools required for that day’s assignment prior to leaving the warehouse each morning.
- Unloading, identifying, and distributing materials to the appropriate location according to project plans and specifications.
- Cleans and prepares surface for flooring installation.
- Assisting Installer/Team Lead in correcting any areas that require replacement prior to installation.
- Assembling/Disassembling equipment.
- Positioning tools/supplies/flooring to maintain workflow without unnecessary interruptions.
- Performing cleaning of area upon installation (wiping of grout, removal of mastic, carpet remnants, etc.) keeping areas free of debris.
- Running errands as needed for additional supplies or purchase of required supplies.
- Transporting material, staff or equipment as needed.
- Assisting in maintaining warehouse (receiving supplies, comparing invoice against materials received, stocking, cleaning, etc.).
- Utilizing safety practices and procedures and following established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Familiarizing self with the duties of other craft workers and with the materials, tools, and machinery they use.
GFC offers a generous benefit package including:
- Supplemental and life insurance
- Employer matched Simple IRA
GFC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, orientation, disability or genetics.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org